Old 17 July 2016, 21:16   #1

Town: SAN DIEGO
Boat name: "MY BIZ"
Make: SEA PRO
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 HP MERC VERADO
Zodiac 6 gal Fuel Bladder

Excellent condition. $350. Respond via email if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160622_092557.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	114472  
Old 18 July 2016, 02:31   #2

Town: East Islip
Make: Bollinger
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin 07 Yamaha 90's
What year is the bladder from? Does it have any leaks?
Old 18 July 2016, 04:03   #3

Zodiac six gallon fuel bladder

The bladder was manufactured by Zodiac in 12/2009.

Thinking out loud here. I have not leak tested it for several reasons. (1) It would smell and that would be problematic for shipping. (2) I suppose I could use water, might try that.

I did unscrew the bladder's fueling nozzle and it did not smell of gas, just new rubber. I got three bladders in trade for some inflatable boat repairs. One was new, still in the package. The remaining two look new as well.

If your pretty sure you want to purchase it, I could leak test it with water just to give you piece of mind. However, if you don't buy it, then I have a bladder with a few drops of water in it and some prospective buyers might not like having a few drops of water in their bladder.

Tell you what, going to sleep on this - will let you know.

Your thoughts?
Old 18 July 2016, 07:58   #4

Town: East Islip
Make: Bollinger
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin 07 Yamaha 90's
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrogVI View Post
The bladder was manufactured by Zodiac in 12/2009.

Thinking out loud here. I have not leak tested it for several reasons. (1) It would smell and that would be problematic for shipping. (2) I suppose I could use water, might try that.

I did unscrew the bladder's fueling nozzle and it did not smell of gas, just new rubber. I got three bladders in trade for some inflatable boat repairs. One was new, still in the package. The remaining two look new as well.

If your pretty sure you want to purchase it, I could leak test it with water just to give you piece of mind. However, if you don't buy it, then I have a bladder with a few drops of water in it and some prospective buyers might not like having a few drops of water in their bladder.

Tell you what, going to sleep on this - will let you know.

Your thoughts?

I don't want to put you too out of your way. I have purchased 2 bladders that have leaked. I will think on it as well but will likely pass on it. Sorry for any trouble.
Old 18 July 2016, 16:23   #5

Filled the bladder with 6 gal of water, screwed on fill cap. Dried entire bladder with towel and rolled it around for 5-10 mins. No leaks. After test, drained bladder, currently drying the inside by air/gravity. Will shoot some compressed air inside just to be sure. Result: The bladder does not leak. If your still interested in a purchase let me know. Good discussion.
Best, BullFrogVI
For everyone else that have been following this saga, I have a total of 4 bladders, all in mint condition. Now that I've done it, can leak test each one before you buy it. Zodiac knows these bladders get handled rough by specops guys so they require annual leak tests. None of mine show any such tests; hence I thought they were almost brand new. They are made out of neoprehine rubber so down the road they can be easily patched with hypalon patch/ glue. Seam leaks are more challenging. I would not sell one with seam leaks/any leaks for that matter. Zodiac recommends they be stored upright and kept out of direct sunlight as much as possible. If taken care of, these bladders can be a valuable assest to extend your range to/from the fishing grounds.
Old 18 July 2016, 19:12   #6

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
It should be inflated to ~3.48 psi, then sprayed down with soapy water to check for air leaks.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2016, 19:54   #7

OK glue Geek,
Please point out/advise location/where on the fuel bladder do you see an inflation port or a valve insert which would allow someone to pressurize the bladder in order to discover FUEL leaks? Please advise. You advice well know for finding AIR leaks on an inflatable boat/RIB sponson chamber.
Old 19 July 2016, 06:09   #8

Town: ipswich
Make: Gemini Cat 2 Exsurfr
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard 30hp
Pardon me, but wouldn't one pressurise it through the fuel line, hey I'm only surmising.
Old 19 July 2016, 08:32   #9

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrogVI View Post
OK glue Geek,
Please point out/advise location/where on the fuel bladder do you see an inflation port or a valve insert which would allow someone to pressurize the bladder in order to discover FUEL leaks? Please advise. You advice well know for finding AIR leaks on an inflatable boat/RIB sponson chamber.

Hardly rocket science - to test mine I simply get an old bicycle inner tube, cut off the valve and fit into a bung/tubing or anything that will hold it airtight in the bladder fill point. Then inflate with a bike pump or whatever. Takes a few minutes.

I would not buy one that has not been tested.
Old 19 July 2016, 12:35   #10

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post
Hardly rocket science - to test mine I simply get an old bicycle inner tube, cut off the valve and fit into a bung/tubing or anything that will hold it airtight in the bladder fill point. Then inflate with a bike pump or whatever. Takes a few minutes.

I would not buy one that has not been tested.
Winner!

Or he could install a 1/4 NPT compressor fitting, then just use a compressor to inflate it...with the regulator throttled down of course.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2017, 23:45   #11
RPS

Hi I am interested in the Zodiac Fuel Bladder. I know this post is old are they still available? Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Old 05 January 2017, 00:22   #12

Zodiac 6 gal. fuel bladders

Sorry. Sold them all.
BullFrogVI

Tags
zodiac