Old 16 February 2010, 10:27   #1

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Lazy C...
Make: Osprey XR20
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2.5V6 200
Yamaha 2 stroke 4hp long shaft

I'm selling my 2 stroke 4hp Yamaha auxiliary motor, as my boat is being fitted out for racing.

It was bought from new from Sunsport Marine (Guernsey's Yamaha dealership) in November 1999. As far as I'm aware it's always been used as an auxiliary as it's a long shaft engine, and it was fitted on a storage bracket on the deck of my boat when I bought it last year. I have an invoice from Sunsport for a full service in 2003, as well as the original PDI sheet from 1999. From what they tell me it has had literally only a few hours use from new.

The boat had been laid up for around 2 years when I bought it, so the motor has been stripped and had all water ways cleared and inspected. The powerhead and gearbox were removed, everything was in great condition. This work was done by myself with guidance from a very good mate of mine who happens to be a qualified Yamaha tech, having just left Sunsport to go and work on mega-yachts in the south of France. It has been run-up in a tank and is running sweet as a nut, I will get a video up at some point this week.

There are a few small scuffs on the cowling and leg, but nothing major, and I will highlight all of these areas in the photos to follow later today.

I'm after £400, which would include shipping to a UK address, as I live in the channel islands this isn't cheap! Import Duty or Taxes may be applicable, but the buyer would have to assume responsibility for that as I'm unable to sort them out at this end. If you want to negotiate on price that's fine, but you'll have to sort out your own courier.

Thanks

Paul