Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 31 January 2009, 13:58   #1
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,972
[wanted] Trolley/stand for 15hp outboard

I'm looking for a trolley/stand for 15hp outboard so I don't keep tripping over it!

Don't really need anything s substantial as the one that Shed78 is selling - something simpler and cheaper would be ideal
__________________

__________________
John Kennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 14:16   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,826
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
I'm looking for a trolley/stand for 15hp outboard so I don't keep tripping over it!

Don't really need anything s substantial as the one that Shed78 is selling - something simpler and cheaper would be ideal
It might be worth doing what I use for moving them-a sack truck with a couple of bits of wood bolted to it.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 14:21   #3
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
B&Q do a upright truck for around 15 quid. I moved an old and very big 42 inch TV with one the other day. It took three people to lift it to where I could get the truck to it.
But they're orange!
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 15:42   #4
Member
 
Nasher's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
It took three people to lift it, But they're orange!

Ah, now then, thats where you were going wrong.

Those Umpalumpas may be willing, but they are on the small side.

Nasher
__________________
RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 15:46   #5
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Ah, now then, thats where you were going wrong.

Those Umpalumpas may be willing, but they are on the small side.

Nasher
Amazing porn stars though
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 15:50   #6
Member
 
Nasher's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,207
I think I've sussed your plan.

Plenty of 'airbags' around should it have fallen off the trolley.
__________________
RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 16:25   #7
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
I think I've sussed your plan.

Plenty of 'airbags' around should it have fallen off the trolley.
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 17:14   #8
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
I was listening to radio 2 the other day about the unusual uses people were using their wheelie bins and recycling bags for.........I have another one

Go out and nick a neighbours wheelie bin. Part fill the wheelie bin with water and hang the outboard on the side. Also used to flushing too Oh and it has wheels too! So you can wheel it any place your heart desires

Oh and it's free......Just don't let the Neighbours see it
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2009, 04:25   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
I was listening to radio 2 the other day about the unusual uses people were using their wheelie bins and recycling bags for.........I have another one

Go out and nick a neighbours wheelie bin. Part fill the wheelie bin with water and hang the outboard on the side. Also used to flushing too Oh and it has wheels too! So you can wheel it any place your heart desires

Oh and it's free......Just don't let the Neighbours see it
If you screw a little plastic tap into the bootom of it,to let the water drain slowly afterwards, it stops the wife getting the strunts because you just tipped a wheelie bin over with must be near on a quarter of a ton of water in it and levelled a couple of flower beds...
__________________
.
IBWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2009, 04:51   #10
Member
 
Leapy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post
just tipped a wheelie bin over with must be near on a quarter of a ton of water in it and levelled a couple of flower beds...
or, even worse, all over your feet Got caught by a tsunami bouncing back off the garage wall. I reckon my shoes should be dry in a couple of weeks...
__________________
Leapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2009, 05:05   #11
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
There we go then John....A wheelie bin! Just put a tap in the bottom Oh and keep some water in it all the time for stability too.

Just pop a cheque in the post for a licence to the patent
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2009, 14:45   #12
RIBnet supporter
 
C2 RIBS's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hants
Boat name: Gemineye
Make: Ribeye S850 charter
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp
MMSI: 235097445
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,029
How about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Outboard-Engin...3A1|240%3A1318
__________________
Ian
Rib charter and Rib hire with www.c2ribs.co.uk
C2 RIBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2009, 15:17   #13
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Or this one, they have a range of colours too:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHEELIE-BIN-12...1%7C240%3A1318
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2009, 11:58   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 41
or one of these...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stand.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	40597  
__________________
Hampton Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2009, 15:06   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
B&Q do a upright truck for around 15 quid. I moved an old and very big 42 inch TV with one the other day. It took three people to lift it to where I could get the truck to it.
But they're orange!
Got one for £12.48 with pneumatic tyres think they are £20 now but still good value
__________________
fred bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2009, 16:06   #16
Member
 
Pete7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post
it stops the wife getting the strunts because you just tipped a wheelie bin over with must be near on a quarter of a ton of water in it and levelled a couple of flower beds...
Now what you should have said is that you were going to wash the wheelie bin out for her, loads of brownie points

Pete
__________________
.
Ribnet is best viewed on a computer of some sort
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 March 2009, 07:30   #17
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,972
I bought one of the £20 sack trucks because I needed one anyway. They're certainly cheap, and pretty flimsy, but the wheels alone are probably worth most of the cost!

Anyway, after a bit of haggling I've ended up with Shed78's bit of heavy engineering, and very nice it is too - should last a while
__________________

__________________
John Kennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.