Old 03 August 2002, 10:45   #1

Town: St Mawes
Boat name: Magellan Zulu
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Suzuki DF150
MMSI: 235094135
Unused Musto HPX Ocean Dry Suit XL

Bought this for round the world yacht race, but seldom went outside if the weather was nasty. So it's totally unused.

Most people who have them rave about them but as I have a cabin RIB I don't propose to break the habit of a life-time and get wet enough to wear it, it's no use to me.

It's bright yellow - Musto call it gold - XL in size and cost, I seem to remember about 650 quid. Any offers?
Old 05 August 2002, 12:27   #2

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
I may need to speak to you about this, although I'm a bit pessimistic about sizing as I reckon that I'm shorter and porkier than you!
Old 09 August 2002, 20:00   #3

Not so sure about the horizontal dimensions, but it'd be seriously too long.

But having now tried the wretched thing on myself, I've decided not to sell it. If I do get brave enough to accept a ride in another out-door RIB it might well be the right thing to be wearing. In the meantime, I'll just hope that I can stick with my nice warm in-door ribbing...
Old 10 August 2002, 11:20   #4

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Poofter.......
Old 10 August 2002, 21:12   #5

Coming from a hop 'n popper like you... that's a bit rich, Charlie, babe...
Old 11 August 2002, 09:52   #6

Town: SOUTHAMPTON
Boat name: Won't get Fooled Again
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6.5
Engine: Honda 130
What's a Hop and popper?
Old 11 August 2002, 09:57   #7

Yes, what's a hop and popper? I am innocent, and a victim of circumstance!
Old 11 August 2002, 10:23   #8

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Hop and popper

I too am naive in the understanding of what a "Hop and popper" is I reckon you've just made it up, Mike!
Old 11 August 2002, 20:49   #9

Sorry to be obtuse, fellas. That was meant to be an insult to Charlie Babe.

A hop 'n pop is a very low level freefall parachute jump. Useful if you are clockin' up numbers. Those that try hard can tot up to 10 a day, hoppin' n poppin'. Despised, some might say, by those that like to fly high.

Actually, it was my rather feeble attempt to respond to Charlie Babe's "poofter" gybe as he has millions more jumps than me.

Having said that, his comment is still pretty rich, coming as it does from a bloke who traded in a RIB for a cabin cruiser. Still, his heart's in the right place. I musn't be too hard on the lad ....
Old 12 August 2002, 08:06   #10

You do meake me laugh That is the exact reason I had a gybe.. at myself actually. FRUSTRATION is the theme of the week. A couple of brothers came over last week intent on buying the Targa to take to the Med,well, they loved the boat but declined to buy it at the eleventh hour as they found the ride too bumpy! My, my, F4/5 wind against tide in these waters and that was their synopsis. Any 30+ footer would have behaved similarly, I thought it was rather exciting myself. I was so sure they were going to buy it, I booked flights for this Thursday to S/hampton and am meeting Graham Jelley to discuss the new boat. It has all come to nought. I want to scream!!!
Old 12 August 2002, 09:22   #11

Well, that's something else we have in common then, Charles. I, too, am heading for a bit of

I have waited since May for a new engine. I was promised beginning of August so gritted my teeth and waited.

Beginning of August (having left the whole month clear) no engine. Told it would be September (when my diary is seriously full).

Tracked down an engine in Holland and was set to drive over and collect it - no doubt cheaper that in the UK - and was then told, sorry we don't want to upset our English distributor friends so we will only supply it through them (at, no doubt, higher UK prices).

Now told that engine will be available 3rd week in August. Just too late for my clear month and not quite enough time before the diary is too busy.

Arrogant dealers in rip-off Britain make me

Sorry to hear you have had to put up with a real pair of poofters. Too bouncy, my a**e!
Old 12 August 2002, 10:03   #12

You and Di must be going nuts.......
Which engine have you decided on. I ask because at Carteret you were measuring up and discussing with the other lads but did not know which way you you were going?
Old 12 August 2002, 10:47   #13

Looks like Yanmar 300 with Bravo 2 leg. But...it still could be the Yamaha 240. Pros and cons each way. The latter now depends on a call from Alan P and availability/price. If the price is too good to turn down, then I could delay and fit during the autumn/winter.

Why are you looking at a Scorpion now? The sketch you showed me suggested you were going to your mates in SA and back to a hysucat?

Or can't you resist a tilt at that round Britain record in a Scorpion?!?!
Old 13 August 2002, 10:45   #14

Brilliant idea.......you guys can buy my Fairline Targa (an absolute steal at £70,000.00 )whip out both engines and stick them in MA. Just for you, I will throw in the boat hook and ALL the fenders! Sheesh, I cannot believe how thoughtful and 'giving' I am

A Scorpion has always been on the cards. My friends in SA cannot get their act together with a catrib, so, a mono-hull it will be.
Old 13 August 2002, 20:27   #15

Now then, Charles; I'm beginning to feel quite furtive carrying on this strange exchange on a Ribnet backwater. Almost George Michael, I would say. And even a South African bungy jumper would know it is marginally short of really sensible to rip the guts out of a perfectly workable, even if a bit queer, boat like yours.

So, shall we carry on yakkin' in this "Musto Suit for Sale" privvy, or will we out ourselves onto the talk forum?

But before we do that, why, for heavens' sake, can't your mate come up with the goods? What's wrong with the hysucat that he can't move heaven and earth to sell one to a fat-cat from God's Little Acre off the French coast?

By the way, I've written this after a passable bottle of Aussie Summer white and a large Teachers. Who cares who wins.....