Go Back   RIBnet Forums > Buy and sell > Bits and pieces
Click Here to Login

Old 05 June 2014, 22:35   #1

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Sonty 6 disc Car CD changer + Ford protocol converter.

You know when you move house & years later find stuff you forgot you had? Guess what happened last night....

1 x Sony CDX-T67 6 disc CD changer
1X "Connect2" protocol converter to use said changer with a Ford pre can head unit. - it uses the power feed to the CD Changer to feed itself so totally "plug & play".

Having had a look round the usual online auction sites, they seem to go for about £35 + postage, which inevitably is a tenner.

So, if you are in my usual haunt areas, call it £35 collected / meet to hand over, anyone else £45 posted. As always work is taking me south, so if you are anywhere between the M8 and Bedford I can deliver week after next. (as B'ford is as good as midway between A&M1s I can go down either side)

I believe this should work with the Big button / 6 preset /volume control on the LHS 4500/ 6000 / 7000 head units from about 1995/6 to sometime around 2005 when it all went CAN. Tape head units will have a "cd" button, CD units - press your "CD" button twice & if you get a "no disc" error on the second push before reverting to the disc in the slot then it should work with your head unit - if it just plays what's in the slot then probably not.

I used it in an R plate Fester, then onto my now wife's 01 plate MK1 Ka. If I can find it I may also have an all singing tape playing 7000 I bought from a scrappy to upgrade my tape functionality & get surround sound instead of "front door pocket tinnoblast"

It worked last time it was used, however as it has sat for I reckon about 12 years in my attic it's sold with no guarantees.