Old 08 April 2009, 11:30   #1

Town: Moray Firth
Boat name: Lochran
Make: Northcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda BF90 4/
rollercoaster 1 braked - kind of for sale!

I've got an indespension roller coaster 1 that I'm probably going to be selling very shortly. (sorry no pics at the moment because I'm not at home but I can post some in next day or so if there's any interest.

It's definitely 'used' but it's in pretty good nick. It had brakes fitted last year as a kind of emergency job when I realised the boat + trailer weighed 900kg and it was unbraked. I didn't have time/resources to replace it at that stage so it had a new axle welded on with uprated indespension type units and a quality Bradley hitch fitted. I'm selling it now because I don't think it supports the boat sufficiently well and simply because I can afford to upgrade.

My local trailer guy (inverness) reckons it's worth about £850, maybe partly because there aren't too many for sale up there and partly because there would be no delivery charge to pay for a local purchaser.

Does that sound reasonable to folks? Or too high? If there is any interest I am likely to be heading south in the next 4/5 weeks to pick up a new trailer and could take it down with me - though I'd want to be pretty sure of a sale before I did that. As I say happy to post pics shortly.

thanks for any advice/interest.
Old 08 April 2009, 18:00   #2

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
£850 sounds strong for a trailer which is technically still only 750kg max rating, albeit with brakes now fitted.
Old 08 April 2009, 19:32   #3

Town: Moray Firth
Boat name: Lochran
Make: Northcraft
Engine: Honda BF90 4/
must admit that's kind of what I thought.

The new suspension units are pretty heavy duty (rated to about 1100kg each I think - something like that anyway - I'll need to check with the guy who did the job) So, shortly after the job was done I did get in touch with indespension to ask about the strength of the chassis and the answer was that the chassis were the same for all the Rollercoaster 1 models, with the only the difference being the weight ratings of the suspension units. They certainly look identical in the pictures on the indespension website.

I guess there is a question over the 'official' rating for this one though given that it's been modified with stronger suspension.

I need to go down and speak to them anyway so I'll see if the suggestion of £800/850 still stands. As I say, maybe the local market is a bit different given distances etc.
Old 08 April 2009, 20:53   #4

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
I don't know whether Indespension will provide you a new plate for it with an increased max rating?