Old 27 November 2010, 12:55   #1

Town: limerick
Boat name: miss behavin
Make: zodiac and tomcat an
Length: 3m +
Engine: 50hpyam jet 30hp mar
owners manual zodiac prro jet

hi there does anybody know where i can get hold of a manual for my zodiac pro jet 50hp yamaha 650cc inboard or has anybody have any experience working on them
cheers
Old 07 December 2010, 20:03   #2

Town: Quebec city
Make: Zodiac hurricane
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha
User manual

What year is it? Do you have the Serie Number and Hull Number (begin with XDC) ?
educhesne@blyacht.com
achille2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 December 2010, 18:59   #3

Manual

greetings THERE IN CANADA the zodiac is a 1991 but i have it wrapped up like a cocoon at the moment so its frozen over harsh winters here at the moment absulutely nothing like in canada but harsh by irish standards -8 at night ha ha i think the gulf stream is warming us again next week so ill cheak out the numbers then thank you for the reply and i will get all the details asap i heard the salmon fishing is amazeing in your neck of the woods
bryan
Old 10 December 2010, 19:34   #4

hey

Hey there,

Yes fishing is great in Canada, salmon fishing in river is heavily regulated so you can only fly-fishing (wich is awesome!) and in some river its only catch and release. But you can get huge salmon that fights for +1 hour.

In lakes you can find big ass grey trout like that one (see picture)

Send me you direct email by PM I'll send you what I have on your boat.

Cheers
Etienne in Canada under 2 feet of snow at -15 celsius
educhesne@blyacht.com
Old 11 December 2010, 16:05   #5

monster trout

OOO my god is that a trout what a beauty is he the top predator or is there pike or something bigger in the lakes there my biggest trout ever was a baby at 13lbs caught on a fly on 2lbs breaking strain leader he still took me 25min to land ide say you were well sick of trout after eating that monster
Old 14 December 2010, 19:38   #6

Oh yeah we got a lot of big predators in our lake, pikes, musky, walleyes bass...
When you fish in a trout area, pike or musky are "second" catch, we don't keep it (unless it is hurt). I don't like to filet pikes, with their "Y" shaped bone it is not my favorite. Fried balls made with pike are always good but I prefer trout filet.

When you fish 15lbs of trout we don't eat it all, we eat the most fresh meat we can and smoke the rest. Smoked trout is a real delicacy!

Send me your email by PM and Ill send you what I got on your boat.

This is a musky (not from me tough)
educhesne@blyacht.com
Old 20 December 2010, 19:56   #7

pike off the menu

hi there etienne in canada
happy christmas and merry new year to you and yours and everybody else that reads this of course,
we have pretty big pike here i have witnessed 28lb and we had a great game fishing tourest industry before the yr 2000 ,,,,we still have it but for a few years the laws were not it place to stop our rivers and lakes being raped by visitors who liked our sport fish,, to eat, as the irish do not eat pike or any course fish really or swans or pets etc,ha ha our fresh water variety for scoffing would be salmon ,trout, and eels, and all sea fish, how do you smoke your fish it sounds really nice,is it a big set up or what we dont have musky is he a member of the pike family or vise versa he looks a mean dude but your trout has as big a bite on him as well i say he took no crap before he met you thanks for the pics im working on some at this end
happy christmas
bryan and family
Old 21 December 2010, 13:31   #8

hey

Smoking meat is really not a big set-up, in fact I have the cheapest smoker you can get and it gives great results. Like I say each time I smoke something; You could smoke s**t and it would taste great!

Here is a link to see what I have. The only thing about smoking is....the smoke! If you live really close to neighbors, they might call firefighter because it smokes like a big fire.
http://www.thefishinhole.com/index.c...091&D=09&C=091.

However since it is "hot smoke" it cooks the meat quite quickly. There are some expensive electric smoker that produces "cold smoke" that does not cook the meat, it is an other way to smoke that keeps the fat in the meat (especially good for trouts and salmons).

I smoke fish filet when I catch something big. Smaller fish are good when smoke, but there are many bones and it is not the best. Big salmon of trout filet without skin and bones are perfect to smoke.

I smoke much more ducks and geese. I hunt ducks in a SIB on the St-Lawrence river banks and swamp. Goose are hunted in wheat field next to the river.

Duck and goose smoked breasts is an explosion of flavor, it gets hard like jerky and take a lot of taste of the wood you used to smoke. It is a hit with beer and/or while fishing/hunting.

There will be smoked stuff at my christmas and new years's dinners for sure. Like we say to kids that don't really like it: It will grow hair on your belly! (we say the same for whiskey)

Merry christmas and happy new year!
educhesne@blyacht.com
Old 26 December 2010, 20:32   #9

Town: Midlands
Make: Ribeye 600
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F115
Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
hi there does anybody know where i can get hold of a manual for my zodiac pro jet 50hp yamaha 650cc inboard or has anybody have any experience working on them
cheers
Hi Walla,

Your engine is the same as that used in the 90 - 95 Yamaha Superjet standup Jetski - basically bombproof 650cc twin cylinder single carb unit - I've rebuilt several - what do you need to know? If it's related to the engine, driveline or electrics get a superjet manual as all items are the same.

If you haven't got a stainless prop on it yet do it now - the difference over the Ali POS is astonishing.

I have a 870cc custom built stroker version in my other Standup tuned to 120hp with total loss ignition, dry pipe etc etc. Lots of fun when I'm not in the boat.

Cheers
Jim
Old 25 January 2011, 23:17   #10

result

first off thanks to everybody for replying to the thread superjet jim was spot on its on the waverunner iii superjet manual and basically i began with a starting problem but now am looking at a winter project with the help of a manual and some long lost insperation whats the story with the stainless prop is it worth the labour is there much labour involved
Old 26 January 2011, 17:46   #11

Walla,

The stainless prop is the best mod you can do - the prop you need is a Solas Yb-Sc-I-14.5/18
Labour to change should be circa 1hr, 2 hrs tops. It 4 x 10mm bolts out the pump and 2 x where the bump bolts upmto the hull. The rear pump, prop and shaft them slide out in one. You need an impeller removal tool (comes with prop) and a long bar to remove the old Ali (green in colour) prop. The slide on the new one, hand tighten and refit pimples above. Make sure you reattached the cooling lines on the pump housing. Job done.

With the Stainless prop the cavitation and vibration are virtually gone, should be good for a few mph top end and get there quicker. The biggest difference is the lack of vibration.

Best place in the UK to get one (and have it fitted if required) is Loki customs:
http://www.lokicustoms.co.uk/
Speak to John.

Cheers,

James
Old 26 August 2011, 20:22   #12

Town: Coteau du Lac
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: Inboard,Petrol,55 hp
Hey Jim;
Those the 870 cc is a yamaha engine and would it fit easely in the 1992 Projet ? Thanks. Any manual available on the net concerning mecanical our electricity for these model ?
Old 01 September 2011, 19:25   #13

Not really that type of motor - it's for very aggressive hit to launch of waves and get height' if you run them flat out they won't last 20 mins...