Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 November 2013, 14:19   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hypercat
Make: Ringcat
Length: 7m +
Engine: Merc 300
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 286
Ocean Safety Kru XS Non harness Automatic Lifejacket

I purchased these in May so only 6 months old, they have been worn but are in fantastic condition in the storage bags, I would like 28 each, pick up Fareham or I will post for 5 first jacket then 3 each one after

spec:

This lifejacket is ISO12402-3 (150N) approved but actually exceeds 171N buoyancy when fully inflated.
Designed to be light weight and compact the Kru XS provides affordable yet high quality option, in red
Features

ISO12402-3 Approved
Rated 150N but exceeds 171N buoyancy
38g cylinder
Light fitting point
Approved service network
Made in the UK
5 year guarantee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41FfcpLpufL.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	87384   Click image for larger version

Name:	2030053_l.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	87385   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00657.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	87386  
__________________

__________________
Simeon Penn

www.sabermarine.com
Trailer Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2013, 12:52   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Bloke View Post
I purchased these in May so only 6 months old, they have been worn but are in fantastic condition in the storage bags, I would like 28 each, pick up Fareham or I will post for 5 first jacket then 3 each one after spec: This lifejacket is ISO12402-3 (150N) approved but actually exceeds 171N buoyancy when fully inflated. Designed to be light weight and compact the Kru XS provides affordable yet high quality option, in red Features ISO12402-3 Approved Rated 150N but exceeds 171N buoyancy 38g cylinder Light fitting point Approved service network Made in the UK 5 year guarantee
Hi
Do you still have these,and if so how many

Cheers
Steve

07967 591139

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
__________________

__________________
picky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2013, 16:13   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hypercat
Make: Ringcat
Length: 7m +
Engine: Merc 300
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by picky View Post
Hi
Do you still have these,and if so how many

Cheers
Steve

07967 591139

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
Hi

I have around 35 left
__________________
Simeon Penn

www.sabermarine.com
Trailer Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2013, 17:18   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Carpe Diem
Make: Ribeye 650S
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 547
Hi, I would be interested if you know if I could get a crotch harness to fit this life jacket and any ideas where I could get them from?

Thanks.

Gareth
__________________
whackywoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2013, 17:28   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,251
I've only ever seen three designs of crotch strap:

- An inbuilt clip - you'd know if you had that.
- two D rings front and back - you simply need some suitable webbing
- a webbing loop that goes over the strap (I think as a retrofit) with some form of fastening - D's or clips.

Like this:

Crotch Strap Kit - Universal - Ocean Safety Ltd

or:

Lifejacket crotch strap - universal | allGadgets Marine

These have a loop of webbing that the LJ waste belt goes through.
__________________
ShinyShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2013, 17:54   #6
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
I have three Kru lifejackets of the same model & I have retro fitted crotch straps to all of them. I had to cut and re sew the loops on the crotch straps to fit them over the LJ but it wasn't difficult.

Chris
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2013, 08:08   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hypercat
Make: Ringcat
Length: 7m +
Engine: Merc 300
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by whackywoody View Post
Hi, I would be interested if you know if I could get a crotch harness to fit this life jacket and any ideas where I could get them from?

Thanks.

Gareth
I also have some older blue Ocean Safety Commodore automatic jackets which have straps with them, I want 20 each for these
__________________
Simeon Penn

www.sabermarine.com
Trailer Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 December 2013, 16:34   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Bloke View Post
I also have some older blue Ocean Safety Commodore automatic jackets which have straps with them, I want 20 each for these
Sorry fellar
I've only just noticed the post.

I could do with about 4 decent jackets, so what do you have left?

Man thanks
Picky

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
__________________
picky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 December 2013, 09:30   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hypercat
Make: Ringcat
Length: 7m +
Engine: Merc 300
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by picky View Post
Sorry fellar
I've only just noticed the post.

I could do with about 4 decent jackets, so what do you have left?

Man thanks
Picky

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
I have 4 of either the Kru or the Commodore, the Kru are much newer but more expensive
__________________
Simeon Penn

www.sabermarine.com
Trailer Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 December 2013, 16:26   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Bloke View Post
I have 4 of either the Kru or the Commodore, the Kru are much newer but more expensive
Hi fellar

A couple of questions about the kru jackets:-

Manual or auto
Cost
How old are the cylinders

Is it possible to send me a picture to picky255@gmail.com please

Cheers Steve

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
__________________

__________________
picky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.