Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 April 2013, 18:04   #1
Member
 
sunnyboystanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 67
Navman 4430 dust/sun cover

Has any one got a Dust/Sun cover for a Navman 4430 fish finder or know who sells them?
I'm also looking for a Navman 7100 VHF Radio in good working order.
Ta Sunny
__________________

__________________
sunnyboystanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2013, 18:10   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
You'll be lucky to find a 7100 in good working order. The knobs tended to seize due to corrosion and snap off. Also the mics were prone to water damage. Nice simple set though. An exact copy is now sold by Simrad at an astronomical price - Navico bought Navman and, well, the rest was history...
__________________

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2013, 18:16   #3
Member
 
sunnyboystanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
You'll be lucky to find a 7100 in good working order. The knobs tended to seize due to corrosion and snap off. Also the mics were prone to water damage. Nice simple set though. An exact copy is now sold by Simrad at an astronomical price - Navico bought Navman and, well, the rest was history...
I'd take one with seized knobs and take the chance and see if I can free them off. I have one and love it. They hook up to the 5600 plotter nicely. It's a shame they don't make them any more good bits of kit! I see bits of Navman kit on eBay from time to time just thought I'd ask on here.
__________________
sunnyboystanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2013, 18:31   #4
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboystanley View Post
I'd take one with seized knobs and take the chance and see if I can free them off. I have one and love it.
Trouble is, people tended to turn them hard and snap them inside the casing. I know of three that did this

You want two VHFs?
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2013, 01:54   #5
Member
 
sunnyboystanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post

Trouble is, people tended to turn them hard and snap them inside the casing. I know of three that did this

You want two VHFs?
It's to go on my brother in-laws boat!
__________________
sunnyboystanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2013, 02:19   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
Jizm's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,803
Marine megastore used to sell the sun covers. The equivalent northstar one will fit as well.
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2013, 04:47   #7
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboystanley View Post
It's to go on my brother in-laws boat!
I wish my sister-in-law had a boat so I could buy her one too!
__________________

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.