Mariner 100hp 4cyl 2stroke parts / spares
I am breaking my Mariner 100hp 4 cylinder 2-stroke for parts, or for sale as a whole for a repair project.
Serial 09609*** (Belgium)
I thought I would put it on here first before listing individual components at online auction site
(history: slipped piston liner on #1 cylinder broke piston crown. Conrod also scratched by hitting bottom of slipped liner. Timing adjustment was found to be loose, so suspect timing went out causing localised overheating and binding after a full day running under heavy load. Engine hours unknown -came to me 5 years ago with 600 hours on an external hours meter. I put ~ 300 hours on it).
All other items were working prior to dismantling, and available for sale (except prop which I am keeping on new engine), including the usual:
* lower unit/gearbox in good condition - no water in oil when serviced annually. Some paint wear on bottom 1" of skeg
* Starter Motor rebuilt and brushes replaced around 10 hours ago
* PTT motor rebuilt with new seals and brushes around 25 hours ago
* Regulator/rectifier 6 months old, plus brand new spare available
* side mount controls, RPM gauge, trim/tilt sender etc all there ( no steering - used on new boat)
* carbs overhauled 6 months ago with Quicksilver kits
* paintwork on clamshell cover needs attention.
If you took on as a repair project, obviously the cylinder block would need machining and re-lining and a new piston/conrod, crankshaft checked for straightness etc. All parts have been carefully labelled, oiled and bagged during disassembly of powerhead. Not surprisingly some exhaust cover bolts have seized/stripped heads during disassembly.
Photos on request - engine is in garage away from home at present.
Engine located west coast Scotland. Parts under 10Kg posted via Collect+ or royal mail. Larger items on request. Leg and PTT/transom bracket are on a pallet prepped for delivery.