Go Back   RIBnet Forums > Buy and sell > Bits and pieces
Click Here to Login

Old 03 August 2013, 09:06   #1

Town: Dorset
Length: 5m +
Long Shot - Honda 75 to 90

Sorry that this is not directly Rib related but when you read it you will see why the post on here -

I have a 1999 (but not sold or used until 2003) Honda BF75 very low hours excellent condition, serviced in perfect running condition fitted to my merry fisher. I am looking to upgrade to a 90 but with all of the scammers advertising I cannot locate an honest engine.
Ideally I would like to swop plus a small amount of cash to go to a 90. Alternatively I will buy outright and sell mine after. The buyer of mine would be able to test it on my boat, sea trial it and carry out any inspections they wanted - that's how honest my engine is.
Ideally looking for another Honda - great engines and would be a straight fitting swop for me.
Seems to be loads of ribs using 90's so its just in case anyone is looking to change their 90 in the future (some maybe going for a newer one with all of the end of season deals in a few weeks)
Mine is absolutely A1 and the ONLY reason for changing is I feel its a little underpowered for my 6m+ plus boats.
tried all of the obvious sources to find one (must say Dave at Clyde Outboards is very helpful and but for the fact my boat is in Dorset I would be using him for all of my servicing)
thank you for reading my post
Old 03 August 2013, 10:55   #2

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
The 75 & 90 are essentially the same engine - was wondering if there was an easy way to upgrade??
Old 03 August 2013, 12:21   #3

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Boris - contact Cameron or Dave at Clyde Outboards or Ardoran Marine. Both are Honda dealers and have used stock coming and going all the time. Clyde had a 90hp that sold recently.

Honda 90Hp Long Shaft, Electric Start, 2002 Model | Glasgow and Clyde Outboard Services Outboard Engine Servicing

Outboard Engines - Ardoran Marine
Old 03 August 2013, 15:24   #4

Thanks Guys
Spoke with Cameron a couple of months ago just missing the 90 you refer to and spoke with Dave yesterday who offered me an unbelievable deal on a new one - Sadly I just can't stretch to new!! (If anyone is looking to upgrade contact Dave - the brand new 90 is a great deal)
I have left my details with Clyde outboards.

You are right with the 90 being the same as the 75 - every single part is the same except the carbs. I had even located a set of 90 carbs for £200,but call me old fashioned, I want to be able to sell my boat eventually with an original honest engine, it's like buying a car that someone has messed with the engine on, I would rather buy the real McCoy.

Thanks guys
Old 04 August 2013, 22:53   #5

Town: Bristol
Boat name: loopy lou
Make: Avon Searider
Engine: Honda BF75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Thanks Guys
Spoke with Cameron a couple of months ago just missing the 90 you refer to and spoke with Dave yesterday who offered me an unbelievable deal on a new one - Sadly I just can't stretch to new!! (If anyone is looking to upgrade contact Dave - the brand new 90 is a great deal)
I have left my details with Clyde outboards.

You are right with the 90 being the same as the 75 - every single part is the same except the carbs. I had even located a set of 90 carbs for £200,but call me old fashioned, I want to be able to sell my boat eventually with an original honest engine, it's like buying a car that someone has messed with the engine on, I would rather buy the real McCoy.

Thanks guys
I am looking to uprate my 75 as well, could you tell me where you can get the carbs for £200.
Old 04 August 2013, 23:46   #6

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplonker View Post
I am looking to uprate my 75 as well, could you tell me where you can get the carbs for £200.
Try Southampton Outboard Exchange, they had a honda 90 that they were going to break and may still have the carbs
Old 17 August 2013, 10:51   #7

Hi Folks - still hunting, if anyone has heard of any 90's (four stroke) anywhere??