Old 10 December 2002, 11:37   #11
Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
And another 10p from me.........

I dont believe the floscan is that difficult to install? Inline sensor which involves a bit of plumbing and then wiring up the gauge. Guess it might be more difficult for diesel with a fuel return line.
Find some talented chap to do it for you Brian!

Pepper is right ref. Navman fuel computers. Petrols only it would seem:

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2002, 17:04   #12
Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
I am on my second Navman fuel unit. The first one didn't suvive the hose pipe, although it does have a rubber washer in it. However it was easy to fit and did provide a reliable figure of how much fuel we were using. I don't have fuel gauges as the two fuel tanks are triangle in shape to match the bottom of the boat. Pastimo did exchange the whole unit under guarantee, so no problems there, just need to be a bit more careful when washing it down and will fit it with sealant this time. Not bad for 155 and it only took a week to arrive with the chandlers from Plastimo.

They won't work with diesels as alreay mentioned because there is now way of monitoring the return line, unless you can send the return fuel back to the fuel filters instead of the main tank. Would this work ? or is there a reason for the fuel needing to be returned to the tank. This is one cause of moisture by the way as the fuel is warmed from the engine. Need some Soltron.

Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2002, 00:27   #13
Town: Poole
Length: no boat
Just to add to the confusion here is a link to "measure anything" site in the US.

It has some alternatives or use the search at and select "Flow Fuel" in the category drop down

No knowledge of the products but there appears to be a cheap petrol meter.

MarkWildey is offline   Reply With Quote