Old 11 October 2017, 10:06   #1

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Bravo btp 12

my bravo packed up on the electronics and the high pressure motor but i salvaged the casings with the low pressure motor which works fine also the high pressure pump plus the pressure gauge. very disappointed with the pump for £116 about 6 years ago it's hardly been used so i have bought the bravo 10 foot pump at £30.00 for what i need.
anyway the bits are free to the first one to PM me i'll leave it a week if no one wants them i'll bin them.

cheers jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BRAVO BTP 12.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	122244  
Old 11 October 2017, 10:16   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Mine is not far behind Jeff. It won't make full HP now... the HP pump works but the electronics have got flakey so it's really hard to get the buttons to accept the pushes to increase the pressure and it cuts out before any set pressure over 0.6 bar. So I now just use it for an LP fill and top up with the footpump.

I have a slightly different view though in that it's been worth the £15/yr mine's worked out to for the times it has worked.
Old 11 October 2017, 10:39   #3

RIBase
you have had a good run david i pumped my rib up once a year to top up [3 years] filled it completely once when i did the floor flow coat, filled my SIB up twice and topped up twice and thats it.the electronics board had a dry joint on the +ve on the back of the circuit board which burnt the motor out i suspect but the low pressure motor didn't start so all cooked i think.
i have a small elec compressor in the shed which i will use for the bulk then use the foot pump so no sweat really.
Old 12 October 2017, 08:08   #4

Town: London
Make: Aerotec 3.8
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury T/S 15hp
Hi Jeff not for me as the OH has started calling me Steptoa but I noticed an older (better quality??) one for sale this morning if you or anyone were looking for a replacement https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/b...ump/1270144520
Like Fenlander says my older version Bravo is still doing the job for the main tubes to correct pressure and will get anything nearly there and it's footpump there after!
Old 12 October 2017, 12:17   #5

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabadabadoo View Post
Hi Jeff not for me as the OH has started calling me Steptoa but I noticed an older (better quality??) one for sale this morning if you or anyone were looking for a replacement https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/b...ump/1270144520
Like Fenlander says my older version Bravo is still doing the job for the main tubes to correct pressure and will get anything nearly there and it's footpump there after!
ive bit the bullet on this one and bought the bravo 10 foot pump £30 inc vat & delivered far better that £120 they are asking now for the electric one.
the pump body etc is fine and robust but the circuit board is sh--e causing the motors to burn out in my case, the primary pump is just a vane pump and simple but the secondary is a piston pump made out of plastic and not very well lubricated. luck of the draw i suppose.